Kindle Unlimited also called KU is the “Netflix of ebooks.” It costs readers $9.99 a month to get unlimited access to over one million ebooks. So, is it a good idea for your book to be in Kindle unlimited?
To help answer this question we are going to talk with a true professional author. Writing is her day job. She’s up before the sun, putting words on the page before her kids wake up. The early writer publishes the book and she has published fifty books first with a big five publisher and then as an indie author. I am excited to welcome to the Novel Marketing Podcast, USA Today bestselling author Lacy Williams.
Now before we jump into the episode I should mention that Lacy has a free download of her ebook “the smart indie: basic publishing plan”. You can download it at www.lacywilliams.net/novelmarketing. We will also have a link in the show notes
- How does Kindle Unlimited work?
- How is the money divided?
- What are some pros of having your book on KU?
- What are some cons of having your book on KU?
- When is putting your book on KU a good idea?
- Which kind of author is a good fit for KU?
- Are KU readers different from normal readers? What kind of reader uses KU?
- How does having a book in KU fit with your overall marketing mix?
- What is the one common myth about KU that you want to debunk?
- What do you wish you had known when you started with KU?
- Where can authors go if they want to learn more about you?
In this course you will learn how to qualify for tax deductions for your writing-related expenses (not all writers qualify) and about 19 tax deductions authors can take advantage of. You will also learn how to start making a writing income even before your first book comes out. You will also learn business fundamentals like when and how to form an LLC, how to create a business plan and how to reduce your chances of being audited by the IRS. The course is taught by Tom Umstattd a CPA with over 35 years of experience working with authors.
Learn more at AuthorTaxTips.com.
Patrons save 50%!
You can become a Novel Marketing Patron here.
If you can’t afford to become a patron, but still want to help the show, you can! Just share this episode with one person you think would find it helpful.
If you can’t afford to become a patron, but still want to help the show, you can! Just share this episode on a Facebook group of authors who you think would benefit.
Do you have a question you would like us to answer on the show? Call our listener helpline! 512-827-8377. You can also send us a high-quality recording on AuthorMedia.com/contact.
The post What Indie Authors Need to Know About Kindle Unlimited with Lacy WIlliams appeared first on Author Media.